Under the direct supervision of the Finance & Operations Manager (FOM), the Operations Associate (Ops Assoc.) performs various administrative and office duties; including answering phones, supporting staff as it relates to operations, team building, assisting Human Resources with recruitment processes, keeping company policies and procedures up-to-date, and assisting the Finance and Operations Manager in enforcing company policies and procedures.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
· Primary office support for:
o Telephone system
o Internet service
o Office equipment (e.g., copier machine, postage machine, printers, etc.)
o Office furniture and office movement
o Building and yard maintenance and cleanliness
o Ensuring a safe and functional office building
o Tracking and scheduling daily, weekly, monthly and yearly operational tasks. Including window cleaning, city regulatory tests, and yearly maintenance.
o Schedule appointments and meetings, including HR updates, yearly reminders and staff holidays.
o Operational and organizational staff requests.
· Responsible for keeping track of office technology systems and updates with support from the contract IT company.
o Ensure computer equipment and programs are up-to-date and that systems are evolving to meet the needs of staff.
o Safeguard company equipment.
o Monitor and maintain back-ups of staff computers.
o Provide staff with equipment that is in good working order.
o Troubleshoot IT.
· Make sure the office is properly stocked with supplies. Inventory supplies, gather lists of needed items from staff and create an order each month. Track supplies and orders for reporting purposes. Keep supply cabinets well organized and maintained.
· Maintain a clean and safe building and yard. Ensure the office cleaning with or without vendor is occurring. Collect paper for recycling collection bi-monthly, maintain kitchen and common areas, walking through the yard weekly picking up garbage and making sure the property is secure.
· Prepare for office and/or building movements, may include working with vendors for peak operations.
· Maintain, track and improve sustainability throughout the office.
· Track and submit required forms in a timely manner.
· Set up and organize staff meetings, including scheduling staff assignments and maintaining staff resources for the meetings.
· Draft and maintain administrative procedures and policies. Communicate and apply these policies as needed. Update operational procedures.
· Organize internal calendars for various purposes (holiday, staff schedules, admin department due dates, etc.)
· Speak knowledgeably and confidently about the League’s mission, values, programs in order to serve as a primary staff to answer phones, transfer calls, take messages and relay information to stakeholders and callers.
· Under the direction of Supervisor, support event planning and/or execution as it relates to operations.
· Ensure organizational documents are stored correctly. Lead the organization in proper filing of documents that need to be archived.
· Maintain the administrative department files with high accuracy of digital and paper files.
· Work with supervisor and other staff to facilitate and plan team building, staff appreciation, and other all-staff events. Support, showcase, and promote organizational values.
· Assist supervisor and COO with upkeep of employee forms.
· Assist with the employee recruitment and hiring process.
· Execute on-boarding procedures, including:
o Communicate scheduling with hiring managers.
o Ensure space set-up and computer acquisition and set-up is done in a timely fashion.
o Provide technical, operational, and office-specific training as requested by hiring manager or supervisor.
· Work with supervisor to maintain and update employee handbook and injury and illness prevention plan.
· Maintain thorough understanding of employee handbook, policies and procedures and any organizational information.
· Support the annual financial audit process, as requested.
· Attend meetings and activities as requested by Supervisor.
· Assist with League events; including mandatory attendance at the Annual Benefit, Annual Meeting, and a choice between July 5 cleanup and/or Tahoe Forest Stewardship Day (fall) events. Attend other events as requested.
· Increase skill level through reading and training.
· Share in office cleaning and chores.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Possess good judgement and work well with others.
· Strong analytical and excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail.
· Ability to plan, prioritize and manage a variety of tasks in a busy, fast-paced environment.
· Efficient and effective at managing and completing tasks to meet deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
· Maintain a high degree of accuracy in data and confidentiality.
· Must be detail and solutions oriented.
· Experience exercising flexibility and patience to work with multiple interruptions - must be able to refocus and set boundaries.
· Computer proficiency with Windows, Office 365, Google Apps and social media applications.
· Familiarity with Lake Tahoe environmental and policy issues.
· An interest and passion for environmental conservation and the League’s mission to protect, restore, and advocate for the ecosystem health and scenic beauty of the Lake Tahoe Basin.
Education, Experience, and League Specific Requirements
· Undergraduate degree (B.A. or B.S.) preferred but not required.
· One+ year’s related professional experience.
League Specific Requirements:
· Employees are required to have a vehicle that is in good working order, will be required to show proof of current valid driving license, vehicle registration, and current effective insurance coverage on or before the first day of employment
· Employee’s vehicle should be well maintained, able to function in any and all weather conditions including heavy snow, and must be dependable for trips to the around the Lake Tahoe basin, Bay Area, Reno, and Sacramento. If an employee does not have such a vehicle they may rent one at their own expense
· As a condition of employment, an employee must carry, at their own expense, the minimum automobile insurance coverage for property damage and public liability
· Must be able to sit or stand at a desk and use a computer for significant periods of time.
· Position requires some physical activity such as bending, stooping, lifting and carrying. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.