About SimpliPhi Power:
On a mission to create universal access to safe, reliable and affordable energy, SimpliPhi Power designs and manufactures highly efficient, durable, cobalt-free energy storage and management systems that have been deployed in over 40 countries. Based in Oxnard, California, SimpliPhi combines non-hazardous lithium ferro phosphate (LFP) chemistry with innovative manufacturing materials and processes, advanced engineering, power electronics, and Battery Management Systems (BMS) to provide flexible and scalable on-demand power solutions for residential, commercial, industrial, military, emergency response and humanitarian applications. Integral to all SimpliPhi Power solutions is proprietary IP that further optimizes the rate and depth of discharge, cycle life, resilience and overall performance of our energy storage and management systems. Founded in 2010, SimpliPhi Power’s energy storage solutions were rigorously tested by and surpassed the requirements of the U.S. Army and Marine Corps, serving the needs of service men and women on the front lines in Afghanistan and Iraq. Meeting that standard of excellence remains at the core of all that we do.
SimpliPhi Power recognizes that high performance teams are made up of diverse, critical thinkers who are also creative, tenacious and proactive, focused on the strategy, execution and hard work necessary to make a positive impact – on people, the company, the planet. We believe that who you are as a person matters and infuses everything you do – and that this principle is as fundamental to your job performance as your educational, technical and professional experience. We seek candidates who are innovative problem solvers with an exceptional capacity to process both quantitative and qualitative data, who are as compassionate as they are passionate about their work, who can set and achieve high standards but possess the humility to take feedback and course-correct when necessary. We know that innovation must happen at every level and within every department of the company, that it is as much about technological advancement as it is about how we build our business and the practices we employ, our communication strategy and stellar customer service.
If these qualities and capacities align with the vision you have of yourself and the type of company you want to work with, we welcome your application!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
SimpliPhi Power is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Employment decisions are based upon job-related requirements regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law. We know the value and strength of a diverse team and actively strive to create a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment, embracing different perspectives, viewpoints and ideas.
Director of Communications
Working in concert with the CEO, senior management and board, the Director of Communications will help define company communication and messaging to help SimpliPhi continue to accelerate growth and realize the transformative potential of providing safe, efficient energy storage.
The Director will develop and execute on a robust strategy for marketing, digital and communications, and manage its internal and external execution across verticals, including marketing, sales, business development, partnerships and public relations.
The Director will:
- Articulate and direct communications about strategy, goals, values, practices and news.
- Ensure consistent and effective communications between senior management, board, staff, as well as current and potential partners, customers and government leaders.
- Foster SimpliPhi’s culture of excellence, mission, teamwork and transformation; tap the power of unit cohesion and maximize effectiveness in building our global impact.
- Refine and extend:
- Social impact programs.
- Digital messaging, including social media, website, SEO.
- Business research and analytics.
- Supervise marketing, social media and other business communications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Google Analytics, incl. related platforms such as AdWords. Deep understanding of how to create reports and interpret the data.
- Work with senior leadership to develop digital marketing and advertising, including creative and guerilla techniques.
- Improve systems for analyzing, reporting and evaluating metrics and ROI.
- Support CEO and senior management in presentations at events, including planning and on-site management.
- Help build company’s reputation and cultivate strategic relationships with industry, private and public sector partners and influencers in both existing and new markets.
- Provide crisis communications planning, advice and support.
- Serve as coach and trainer for SimpliPhi executives, staff and media production teams to ensure high quality interviews and media.
- Supervise and work with public relations, marketing and social media leads to ensure messaging and outreach are aligned.
- Coordinate communications of sales, marketing, and public relations employees and consultants to both ensure consistent and effective communication of SimpliPhi messaging in marketing, sales, digital, company-generated media and public relations.
- Brainstorm, pitch and secure media opportunities, including articles, op-eds, TV, video, events, podcast, radio and influencer meetings with mainstream, financial and industry outlets across platforms.
- Develop opportunities for CEO or other representatives to speak or participate in media, industry, investment community, humanitarian, academic and thought leadership events.
- Research relevant media coverage and energy industry trends to develop thought leadership positioning, media relationships and coverage, and event opportunities.
- Strategize, plan and execute public relations activity in connection with new product marketing announcements, corporate milestones, social impact activities and more.
- Cultivate and maintain for SimpliPhi and its leadership positive working relationships with top tier key global media, industry press and financial analysts.
- Lead the design, writing and editing of press and marketing materials, including marketing messages across platforms, collateral, media kits, op-eds, talking points, executive media interview briefs and news releases.
- Prepare executives for media interviews with pre-interview briefs/messaging and manage the interview process.
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of experience in managing communications for business or cultural institution
- 5+ years of managing staff and partnerships
- Knowledge of current digital, PR and marketing strategies.
- Experience managing projects
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Experience developing and executing on strategic communications plans.
- Highly organized and exhibit good follow through
- Persistence and a good roll-with-the-punches attitude
- Must exhibit strong interpersonal communications
- Strong skills and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite including but not limited to InDesign, InCopy and Photoshop
- Strong negotiating skills. Must be fast-thinking and creative to make sure the company’s needs are met or exceeded in any deals that involve marketing while maintaining goodwill among all involved parties
- Experience in renewable energy or tech industry
- Experience in partnerships, business development or sales
This position will be based in our Oxnard, CA headquarters office.
Job Type: Full-time
If you are passionate about innovations in energy storage, renewable energy, energy-related technology, and making an impact for the better, please apply today.
For more information, please visit SimpliPhiPower.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Please say you found this job posting on GreenJobs.com