Charles Darwin Foundation's Executive Director CEO
Job Type: Permanent
Salary Details: Compensation commensurate with experience
Required Experience: 7+ years executive leadership experience
Executive Director/CEO with significant international conservation, science, and fundraising experience sought to lead top global foundation. Successful candidates must have a long-term vision and strategy that establishes the foundation as the global thought leader in science, conservation, and sustainable development for the equatorial Pacific (Puerto Ayora, Galápagos, Ecuador).
- Experience working closely with a Board of Directors and in the governance of an organization.
- Ability to formulate and articulate an inspiring vision that attracts, motivates, and empowers stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Five years of experience in successful non-profit fundraising and senior management. Record of securing 5-, 6- and 7-figure gifts.
- At least five years experience leading a non-profit organization preferred.
- A record of having conducted or supervised "world-class" science.
- A record of success in establishing and executing fundraising goals and strategies, identifying and analyzing challenges, and formulating creative solutions that generate organizational excellence.
- Experience creating and managing a budget; commitment to fiscal responsibility.
- Experience in all aspects of personnel management, including recruitment, assessment, and termination when necessary, and organizational development.
- Experience with national and community relations in Ecuador preferred.
- Experience ensuring gender equality and incorporating gender perspectives in the workplace.
- Science Ph.D. preferred. Masters and law degrees with appropriate professional experience considered.
- Should be English/Spanish bilingual.
Applicants should send: I) their CV, II) a list of publications and references, III) a cover letter, and IV) a short essay on one or more of the following topics: their vision for the Galápagos, science, conservation, or sustainability, etc.; and how they would deliver on this vision as the Executive Director of CDF, to this address: email@example.com
For full ToR and application instructions, download here: ToR CEO CDF
Please remember to say you found this position on GreenJobs.com